What can I do if my landlord refuses to make repairs?

It depends.  You may be able to either repair the problem yourself and deduct that cost from rent or terminate your lease if the problem constitutes a material breach of the lease or the Landlord Tenant Act.  However, in order to withhold rent or terminate, you must follow the requirements of the Landlord and Tenant Act, which can be a complicated process that depends on the specific facts of each circumstance. The consequences of wrongfully withholding rent or terminating your lease are serious. Make an appointment with ASMSU Legal Services before attempting to withhold rent or terminate your lease.  

Can I sublet my apartment while Iā€™m gone?

If I move out early can I just find a replacement roommate?