I'm an out of state student, do I need a Montana drivers' license?

If you are an out-of-state student at MSU, you may already have a license to drive in your home state.  However, since Montana has its own laws relating to driver’s license requirements, you may want to obtain a Montana driver’s license if you plan on driving while in Montana.  If you are using a license that does not meet Montana’s requirements, you may be cited for driving without a valid license or driving with a foreign or out-of-state license, which are misdemeanor criminal offenses that can result in fines or jail time.  


For information on how to obtain a Montana driver’s license, visit this link: http://www.dmv.org/mt-montana/apply-license.php 

Do I have to have car insurance on my car?

Can I use marijuana on campus if I have a medical marijuana card?